I believe the problem has something to do with how the event receiver gets attached to the list.
My code is adding text to the uploaded image like so: I have not yet resolved this.
To work around this issue, I implemented the following code: The code looks for the key (the Doc ID) in the property bag and if it is present, skip the creation of the task and remove the property from the bag.
On one list I have a workflow, which is changing columns in that list.
I am nothing if not a masterful linguist after a beer or two or more.
I have tried to follow the advice I have found online to no avail. When I activated my feature it was working as intended on an existing library, but for newly created it will fire twice.
With that in mind, Share Point 2010 is like a sea of icebergs – there is a lot going on under the surface that you may not notice until it’s too late. Assembly = "Assembly Name, Version=x.x.x.x, Culture=neutral, Public Key Token=the Public Key Token" sp Event Receiver Def. Update(); To attach an Item Updating event receiver, all you need to do it replace the type from SPEvent Receiver Type. Item Updating, and ofcourse the class / assembly information if you have the implementation in a different class / assembly.that can be used to distinguish if the update is because of check-in or due to other reasons.Dangers lurk hidden out there which, if you run into them, can be a blow to your project and waste a great deal of time.Damon gives just one example of a poisoned dagger in the game of Sharepoint Development: The Item Event Receiver.If this property exist in Before Properties and not in After Properties of SPItem Event Properties instance then it means that the callback is for item check-in event, else it is for event other than item check-in.